Gather around! I’m looking for a few talented writers and photographers who would like to have guest spots on Tantalizing and Tangled. If you love Disney and other pop culture addictions then this is the blog for you! If you are interested please message me!
I recently experienced my first Disney Christmas. Last week, I enjoyed unlimited cookies, cocoa and characters during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. While I was waiting for Disney transportation at my resort, a lady asked me the following:
“What is the point of these events?”
My Disney fanatic mind went into overdrive. Did she just ask me what the point was of these events? Clearly, she needed some Disney love and fast. I proceeded to tell her that if you enjoy no wait times for rides, rare character interactions, free treats and amazing shows then the extra money is well worth it.
This was my first experience with MVMCP, and I enjoyed it just as much as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I was a rookie so I took the time to read up on what the event had to offer.
- You can enter the park as early as 4pm with you MVMCP ticket. It is a hard ticketed event, which means it is separate from your daily pass to Magic Kingdom
- Join Queen Elsa and Frozen friends for “A Frozen Holiday Wish.” Elsa lights up the Castle at 6:30pm and 8:15pm
- Mickey’s Once upon a Christmastime Parade is something you definitely want to get a good seat for. The parade has classic characters and Christmas favorites. The parade takes place at 8:30pm and 11pm. Go to the second parade because it will be less crowded.
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks takes place at 10pm. This firework show is a panoramic spectacular.
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show is on the stage between Space Mountain and the Carousel of Progress. You will see characters from Monster’s Inc. and Buzz Lightyear. Show times are 9:20pm, 10:45pm and 11:45pm
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration is new for 2016. It is a magical show with all your favorite Disney characters. Show times are 7:40pm, 9:25pm, 10:30pm, and 12am.
- VoicePlay is an a cappella singing group. They perform in Tomorrowland at 8:05pm, 8:55pm, 10:15pm and 11:10pm.
- Character Meet and Greets:
Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps
Captain Jack Sparrow
Peter Pan and Wendy
Aladdin with Abu, Jasmine with Genie
Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws
Donald, Scrooge McDuck, Daisy and Minnie
Tiana and Naveen
Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker and Wendell
Princess with their Princes
Tigger and Friends
Mary Poppins, Bert and Penguin
- Character Dance Party takes place in Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland
- Treat locations
Tortuga Tavern: Hot Chocolate and Snickerdoodle Cookie
Heritage House: Eggnog and Gingersnap Molasses Cookie
The Friar’s Nook: Snow Cone and Snowman Sugar Cookie
The Lunching Pad: Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Bark Cookie
Pete’s Silly Sideshow: Spiced Apple Cider and Snowman Sugar Cookie
After looking at what the party had to offer, I decided to just go with the flow. My main mission was to meet Captain Jack Sparrow. I have to say it was an excellent character interaction. Check out the pictures below featuring my best friend Paige Smith.
We also ran into a wandering Peter Pan. He had a lot to say about “worm face,” which was Captain Jack.
We were able to ride the Jingle Cruise, Pirates, Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion with no wait time. We enjoyed all the treat locations multiple times. We had a great area for the parade and received lots of character interactions. We also secured a nice spot on the Hub grass for the Holiday Wishes fireworks.
Overall, I will definitely attend this party again in the future. I personally enjoy having the Magic Kingdom to myself without having to rush to every attraction. So to answer the lady on the bus, these events have a point. The point is to make us happy, and to forget the bad and experience the magic around us.